Principal Data Science Engineer (Remote)
Seeking a high-impact principal data science engineer to join a founding team focused on advancing our mission to combat the skilled worker crisis by unlocking high pay, high dignity careers for talent. The role will have a high degree of autonomy and will have the opportunity to touch all areas of the stack (full stack machine learning, ML operations and API development).
What you’ll be leading:
- Developing our core technology product, a data-rich system of engagement and record for identifying, qualifying, staffing, optimizing, and retaining skilled talent
- Partnering to build and execute a data strategy in support of the long term business vision
- Building novel algorithms to support skilled worker retention as well as matching algorithms underlying a labor marketplace
- Flexing across the entire machine learning model development lifecycle, including EDA, data pipelines, feature engineering, model productionisation and monitoring
- Analyzing data (market, user behavior, etc) to inform new feature development and the associated ROI across our various customer personas
- Ensuring security best-practices around PII and other sensitive data/access
- Bringing values-centered leadership and deep belief in UpSmith’s mission for serving customers, partners, & employees
Technical knowledge, skills, and experiences we’d love to see:
- You are a builder with significant experience innovating as a software developer, comfortable working in both small startup environments and big tech engineering culture
- You are able to flex from 100% data science focus to 100% engineering execution based on company needs, with the most likely split being near the center
- You have significant experience and insight into building and shipping data products
- You are comfortable working across the stack with modern programming languages and frameworks (Python, Java) & platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- You are excited by rolling up your sleeves and diving in to the entire stack to solve customer problems
- Raise Expectations – We think ‘big impact’ to create the future.
- Be an Owner – We have relentlessly high standards to leave a lasting impact.
- Bias for Action – We believe speed matters.
- Believe in People – We believe the best decisions are made closest to the facts.
- Commit – We each commit to being part of something bigger than ourselves.
Why you should join UpSmith
UpSmith, Inc. is a technology venture on a mission to combat the skilled worker crisis. You can read more about our vision or watch this video that describes our model in more detail.
This role represents a chance to join an early stage team with a focus on creating large-scale positive impact in the world while also generating substantial value in a multi-trillion dollar industry. UpSmith is backed by a16z, Asymmetric Capital Partners, GSV Partners, and multiple high profile strategic angels, including current and former execs at Uber, McKinsey, Thumbtack, Trilogy, Boeing, and General Electric.
UpSmith is based in Dallas, TX and boasts a remote-first, mission-driven culture. The role offers competitive compensation, including cash and equity awards as well as full benefits.
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org